If Level 1 training or qualifying is planned for a FTX, each member will bring all of the items listed below:
1. Rifle and 100 rounds minimum.
2. Cleaning kit for above rifle.
3. One 1 quart canteen with cup and cover.
4. Minimum of 2 pairs (pants/shirt) of BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform) and 1 M65 field jacket w/liner. Woodland pattern is preferred, but any other dark woodland type patterns are ok. Please stay away from the ACU/MARPAT pattern.
5. Suitable leather boots (combat/hiking) for the training climate and terrain. No tennis shoes.
6. First aid kit.
7. Suitable LBE (Load Bearing Equipment) to carry above items. Typically a butt pack, web belt, and suspenders are all that are needed.
Depending on what time of year you qualify, you may have extra items (winter = gloves/thermals/snow boots/ski mask) to be comfortable.
1. Complete a 2 mile hike with ALL your gear (minus extra shirt/pants) within 40 minutes.
2. Field strip and clean your rifle.
3. Place 8 out of 10 shots on a standard 9 inch paper plate at 100 yards with your own rifle.